Wednesday, August 13, 2008

*PRAYER*

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. "Jeremiah 29:11 (NIV)
THIS BIBLE VERSE HAS BEEN ON MY MIND THIS WEEK. AS MANY OF YOU KNOW I AM STARTING SCHOOL, YES AGAIN, ON AUGUST 25TH. I WILL BE WORKING TOWARD A MASTERS DEGREE AS A FAMILY NURSE PRACTITIONER WITH A MINOR IN EDUCATION. ALTHOUGH I AM VERY EXCITED, I AM ALSO VERY NERVOUS. IT IS EASY TO DOUBT YOURSELF AND YOUR CAPABILITIES AS A NURSE AND AS A STUDENT. I OFTEN ASK MYSELF IF I WILL BE STRONG ENOUGH MENTALLY AND PHYSICALLY TO JUGGLE THIS CHALLENGING ROLE AS A FULL TIME STUDENT IN A MASTERS PROGRAM, WHILE ALSO BEING A FULL TIME NURSE AND A FULL TIME WIFE. AT THE SAME TIME THAT I AM STEPPING OUT AND MAKING A CAREER MOVE, IT JUST SO HAPPENS THAT D.J. IS MAKING SOME CAREER MOVES HIMSELF. THE BAD PART ABOUT MAKING ANY KIND OF DECISION IN YOUR LIFE IS THAT YOU DON'T HAVE THE OPTION OF LOOKING 10 YEARS DOWN THE ROAD TO SEE IF IT IS GOING TO BE THE RIGHT DECISION FOR YOU AND YOUR FAMILY. SO I ASK YOU TO PLEASE KEEP D.J. AND I IN YOUR PRAYERS, AS WE BOTH TAKE LEAPS OF FAITH INTO WHAT WILL HOPEFULLY BE A BLESSING IN OUR FUTURE.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this verse tiff. It has gotten me through so many times of worry and wonder. Its hard sometimes not to know if the choice you've made or about to make is the right one but I've always found that in those times if you just trust in God everything ALWAYS works out. I love you guys and i know everything will work out!!!

Ashley said...

I know you will be strong enough, I have faith in you. Just keep your heart in and your head hailed high. Love ya girl!