Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Back On Track

Yippee...After a disappointing lose of ZERO pounds last week, I am now back on track with a weight loss of 3.2 lbs for week number three! I have now lost a much needed 7.2 lbs and have successfully met my first set goal of 5% of my weight. Next set goal is of course 10% of my starting weight, which you guessed it, is another 7 lbs!!

However, it can't always be blue skies and sunny days! With the good there must always be bad. Has anyone ever had a week where they just want to scream as loud as they can? Kinda of like this..

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAA"

Well, that is exactly how I have been feeling this week in regards to school. After much thought and even much preparation my research teacher decided that the research problem that I had proposed to him, 3 weeks earlier, was not going to be acceptable. My reaction to this..

"Uuuummmmm..excuse me? Did you not tell me 3 weeks earlier that It was just perfect? Weren't you the one who helped me use correct wording? Do you not realize that I have spent the past three weeks working on this project that you signed off on? Are you a complete *** or what?"

In response to this thorn in my side I have spent the last few days re-working my research proposal in hopes that it will be in compliance to his wishes. FRUSTRATION!

As a fellow colleague of mine stated: "Welcome to Grad School"

P.S. DEAR RESEARCH TEACHER, IF YOU ARE READING THIS PLEASE DISREGARD EVERYTHING FROM ABOVE...I PROMISE I DID NOT MEAN ANY OF IT..ESPECIALLY THAT SILLY NAME I CALLED YOU...I KNOW YOU ARE THE EXPERT AND I AM JUST THE LITTLE PEON THAT WORKS RELENTLESSLY INTO THE MID HOURS OF THE NIGHT NEGLECTING ALL FAMILY AND FRIENDS TO MEET THE DEMANDS OF YOUR MOST INTERESTING AS WELL AS INSIGHTFUL CLASS.

1 comment:

Karen Jones said...

HANG IN THERE BABY!!
At least you've made me laugh today.