Friday, May 8, 2009


"My mom is a never ending song in my heart of comfort, happiness, and being. I may sometimes forget the words but I always remember the tune." ~Graycie Harmon

Over the years the relationship that I formulated with my mom has been one of the most rewarding blessings that has been placed upon my life. The blessings I have received from being raised by a woman of unconditional love go far beyond any word I could ever imagine. My mother has played multiple roles in my life; cook in the kitchen, maker of the bed, cleaner of the house, driver to the movies, chaperon of the sleepover, benefactor to my entire undergraduate degree just to name a few. However, my most fondest memories of my mom have always been based upon love. As a child she comforted me when frightful dreams fled me from my bed, As a teenager she made chicken salad "to-go" sandwiches for me and my friends as we headed out to listen to our favorite band in concert, and just the other day she sent me such a thoughtful card in the mail telling me what a wonderful nurse she thought I was. See that's the thing about my mom, always loving, and always thinking of me.

"Mom I want to thank you for your unconditional love and always leading by example. I feel so lucky to have a mom who has always pushed me to "keep on, keeping on" in this crazy life. It is no doubt that any success that I have in my life have a direct correlation to you. I hope you have a wonderful Mothers Day."

2 comments:

Karen Jones said...

Oh........... I know I have the sweetest daughter in the world. I wouldn't trade you for any other!!!

Unknown said...

Thank you SO much for what you said in your comment. It means A Lot!