Monday, September 15, 2008

IT'S A EXCITING DAY

What a happy and holy fashion it is that those who love one another should rest on the same pillow. ~Nathaniel Hawthorne

IT IS A VERY EXCITING DAY IN THE GANNON HOUSEHOLD. D.J. STARTED HIS NEW JOB TODAY, WHICH AS SOME OF YOU KNOW, IS ALLOWING HIM TO BE ON DAY SHIFT! FOR THE FIRST WHOLE YEAR OF OUR MARRIAGE D.J. HAS WORKED NIGHTS, AND OF COURSE I WORK 12 HOUR DAYS IN M'BORO. DUE TO A MISMATCH IN SCHEDULES IT LEFT LITTLE TIME FOR D.J. AND I TO ENJOY THE SIMPLE THINGS IN LIFE, AS COUPLES OFTEN DO. I THINK SOMETIMES WE TAKE FOR GRANTED THE TIME THAT WE GET TO SPEND WITH OUR LOVED ONES AND OFTEN DO NOT EVEN REALIZED HOW TRULY BLESSED WE ARE TO HAVE THEM IN OUR PRESENCE ON A DAILY BASIS. SO FOR NOW D.J. AND I ARE PLANNING OUT DINNERS, EVENING WALKS, AND TIMING OUR FAVORITE TV SHOWS TOGETHER :) SUCH A LITTLE THING TO MOST, BUT SUCH AND AMAZING THING FOR ME AND D.J.

WITH THAT SAID I WOULD ALSO LIKE TO SAY CONGRATS TO MY SWEET HUSBAND FOR STEPPING OUTSIDE OF THE BOX AND TAKING THAT COURAGEOUS STEP TO DO SOMETHING THAT HE TRULY LOVES TO DO.

D.J. YOU ARE SUCH A INSPIRTION TO ME. THANK YOU FOR SHOWING ME THAT NO MATTER HOW OLD I AM THAT I AM STILL YOUNG ENOUGH TO BE WHO I WANT TO BE AND DO WHAT I WANT TO DO. YOU HAVE TAUGHT ME THAT I SHOULD BE ABLE TO WAKE UP EVERY MORINING AND BE TICKLED TO DEATH ABOUT WHERE I AM GOING, FOR THAT, I THANK YOU AND LOVE YOU.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey i totally agree that caring is curing. You have to put yourself in the pts shoes. How would you feel if you were going into major surgery to remove a tumor that could be cancer? You would definately want that nurse there to hold your hand and reassure you that you will get through it. I've been there as a pt and as a medical assistant and trust me it makes a BIG difference!! Thanks for the comment i hope and pray everything works out. I'm sure it will...i just worry..way too much.

Lacey Jones said...

I am so happy for him!!!!!