Thursday, January 22, 2009

OPEN BOOK

Just a quick announcement..Since my first weigh in on weight watchers I have lost a total of 4 lbs for the first week. My goal is always 2 lbs a week, but anything over that is always welcomed! I am hoping that this Tuesday night I will reach my first weight loss goal of losing 5% of my starting weight. I also recruited a good friend of mine and my sister-in-law (a post weight watchers success story) into starting this eleven week journey with me. I will try to keep all of you up-to-date on my weight loss success, and as told be the weigh watchers leader, my weight loss struggles. As our leader discussed in our first meeting, "you can not be a closet weight watcher, if you are going to do it, do it good and do it honest." So here I am an open book, ready to share with you my successes, struggles, and goals for my health.

My "mini" goal for week one was to drink more water, which was a success. This goal did not prove to be that painful for me. However my "mini" goal for week two is, of course drink more water, and start converting to soy milk along with other soy based products??? I had my first cup of soy milk yesterday (vanilla flavor), it definitely was not as bad as I suspected. However the soy milk in my cereal was far from what I am used to. I am defiantly going to stick with the soy milk for at least a week and cross my fingers that I will somehow acquire a soy milk taste bud.

O'yeah....Also school started back this week and I have been feeling like a CRAZY women. This semester my classes will meet on Tuesday and Wednesday, but for the next month they will meet on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday! The schedule is somewhat unfortunate for me, being that I am a full time employee. So you guessed it..yours truly will be working on Friday, Saturday, and Sundays throughout the semester. Again, I know it is temporary and I will eventually reap the benefits of the hard work.

"FIRST REQUIREMENT OF MY FIRST JOB AS A NURSE PRACTITIONER...NO WEEKENDS!!!!!"

3 comments:

Amy said...

You are a warrior!
My schedule seems like peanuts compared to yours! And I still have no time for meetings!

Krista said...

You go Tiff! I am super proud of you!!!

Karen Jones said...

Hang in there my little "Go Getter". Your accomplishments continue to amaze me!!