Tuesday, December 23, 2008

BLESSINGS

When I laid down to bed last night I began to think what a terrible day at work I had and how I felt like someone had beat my body with a baseball bat...then I began to think about how blessed I was to have a warm bed to lay my aching body in...............

A few minutes later I began to wish D.J. would scoot to his side of the bed and share some of his warm covers.....Then I began to think how blessed I am to have such an amazing man to share my bed with, so I just scooted a little closer.........

This morning I woke up and was bummed when I discovered that I had no milk for my frosted flakes....Then I began to think how blessed I was to have food in my fridge and chili warming in my crock pot, so homemade chili for breakfast it was........

Then I began to think how I needed to hurry up and begin cleaning my house for guest tonight, and how I dreaded having to mop my floors....As I pulled out my mop I began to realize how blessed I was to have a warm home to clean, and most importantly I realized that my guest were not coming over to see my house, but they were coming over to see me...People first, then things...So I put my mop back in the closet...

Then my focused shifted to Christmas shopping..which I have not done at all.....I began to think kick myself for procrastinating and wished I had been smart enough to have started my shopping sooner....Then I began to think of the people I had to shop for..and how much I love each of them...and how there is no mall busy enough to turn me into a scrooge this Christmas season..How blessed I am for my family and friends....

I post this because I realize how easy it is to get carried away this time of year....between work, Christmas parties, plays, and walmart, it is easy to forget the blessings that have been placed upon each of us. I thank God for everything he has done for me and my family and vow to cherish this season with the ones that I love. I wish each of you a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

1 comment:

Jess said...

ah thank u for sharing..yes, we often forget..