Monday, December 1, 2008

Honest Abe



"It is hard to believe that a man is telling the truth when you know that you would lie if you were in his place." ~Henry Louis Mencken, A Little Book in C Major, 1916




I could not help but to tell this sweet little story about our "maturing" little Jackson. Last Friday Jackson and I had a play date (which of course involved the polar express). After some ranting and a raving Jackson's mischievous side began to take him over and he found himself in the kitchen faced with a plate of fudge. Jackson's big blue eyes could not have gotten any bigger, desperately he wanted a piece of that fudge (which is pure sugar). The conversation went like this...




Jackson: "Aunt Tiff, pleeeaassseee"


Me: "Does your Mom and Dad let you have fudge at home?"


Jackson: (pausing for a minute, with a very serious look on his face) "No"




I could not believe it....He told me the truth..how hard that must of been for him...God love his sweet little soul..So, In the name of honesty, I gave him a piece.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That is too sweet!

Krista said...

That is so cute. I would have given him one two.

Lacey Jones said...

God love my little boy and his love for sweets.... wonder where he gets it?