Wednesday, December 31, 2008

I LIVE WITH MARLEY...




AFTER WATCHING MARLEY AND ME I HAVE DECIDED THAT MARLEY AND BENTLEY HAVE MANY THINGS IN COMMON. BOTH BENTLEY AND MARLEY LOVE TO; EAT SHOES, RUN FOR MILES AND MILES AND MILES WHILE YOU CHASE THEM, EAT ORNAMENTS OFF THE CHRISTMAS TREE, RIP APART ANYTHING THAT MIGHT HAVE FEATHERS, AND HOWL RELENTLESSLY DURING THUNDERSTORMS. HOWEVER, AS THE STORY GOES WE ALL LOVE OUR PETS, EVEN WHEN THEY ARE DESTROYING DOWN THE HOUSE AT 2AM. HERE IS A QUOTE THAT I LOVE FROM MARLEY AND ME;

"What I really wanted to say was how this animal had touched our souls and taught us some of the most important lessons of our lives. 'A person can learn a lot from a dog, even a loopy one like ours,' I wrote. "Marley taught me about living each day with unbridled exuberance and joy, about seizing the moment and following your heart. He taught me to appreciate the simple things- a walk in the woods, a fresh snowfall, a nap in a shaft of winter sunlight. And as he grew old and achy, he taught me about optimism in the face of adversity. Mostly, he taught me about friendship and selflessness and, above all else, unwavering loyalty'" (Grogan 279).

GOD BLESS OUR PETS

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes Tiff after watching the movie I will have to agree 100 percent that you live with Marley. This movie reminded me of Bentley so much!! I miss her!!!